THE DISCUSSION BOARD OF VITINH.DE
  Free Perl Guestbook - F.A.Q
  how do you delete mutiple entries

edit profile | register | preferences | faq | members list |

Email this page to your friend! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   how do you delete mutiple entries
stinger

posted 06-03-2007 05:03     Click Here to See the Profile for stinger   Click Here to Email stinger     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I would lik to know how to delete multiple entries from the guess book at one time rather than one at a time...I have a lot of spam entries I'd like to get rid of...help please

IP: Logged

Tri Dung
Administrator

posted 06-03-2007 15:48     Click Here to See the Profile for Tri Dung     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The best way to get rid of spams is using a secure guestbook. Upgrade yours! To delete multiple entries, you can manually edit the file entries.fpg. The entries are separated by TWO line-breaks.

stinger

posted 02-06-2007 04:31     Click Here to See the Profile for stinger   Click Here to Email stinger     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
is there a secure Free Perl Guestbook?...I get a message on my guestbook that I have the latest version

Tri Dung
Administrator

posted 02-06-2007 10:47     Click Here to See the Profile for Tri Dung     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Are you sure you are using the latest version? FPG 2.03 is secure. It uses CAPTCHA images to prevent spamming.

urquan

posted 10-12-2012 13:50     Click Here to See the Profile for urquan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thats possible...
Go to the FTP server of your website, but not to the main directorie (httpdocs) but above that.

There you see a folder named cgi-bin, thats the folder where you uploaded the geurstbook. Go to cgi-bin/fpg_files/entries.fpg

That is the file that contains all entries, download it, open it in a texteditor and select all spam entries end delete them, save the file and upload it to the folder again (overwrite).

Done.

urquan

posted 10-12-2012 13:51     Click Here to See the Profile for urquan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
testing

urquan

posted 10-12-2012 13:52     Click Here to See the Profile for urquan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thats possible...
Go to the FTP server of your website, but not to the main directorie (httpdocs) but above that.

There you see a folder named cgi-bin, thats the folder where you uploaded the geurstbook. Go to cgi-bin/fpg_files/entries.fpg

That is the file that contains all entries, download it, open it in a texteditor and select all spam entries end delete them, save the file and upload it to the folder again (overwrite).

Done.